2010年9月2日 星期四

blogger sued.


No joke about it.

A blogger was charged under Communication and Multimedia Act 1998 today, by using internet to make a false comments, with the intention of hurting the other.

If found guilty, the accused could as well end up a year maximum if jail or with max fined of RM50k.
Why?  What had he done or wrote, to deserve that ?

Malay Mail life and entertainment Executive Editor Irwan Abdul Rahman, 36, who use the blog name Hassan Skodeng in his March 25, 2010 posting, written TNB Chairman and CEO Che Khalib Mohd Noh, might charged WWF over Earth Hour.

This came to me as a shock, not that I am not aware the need of self discipline and self censorship, as the Government is waiting eagerly to strike out, and looking for the prey.

I have reminded myself not to touch something so sensitive about multi-ethnicity, religious and said nothing about the Royal family.

However, I find myself couldn't quite prepare for this, how could something so appeared to be a joke and seem so sardonic, could be intepreted as weapon that could harm the GLC ?

This is totally unacceptable .  Please stop make fun of yourself , my dear Communication and Multimedia Multimedia Commission ,you should take Brand's.

And fellow Malaysian bloggers, please don't let this bad incident break your spirit.      


p/s: just pay a visit to his blog, hey, this guy got sense of humour, he just have his background change with a Pinocchio, and write "The Truth is Out there , not here" . and "dont sue me, aint got money anyway"

沒有留言:

張貼留言